BASIC MOVEMENT CONTROLS
L – Movement: Sneak, Walk and Run
C – Rotate camera
B – Crouch/Roll
Y – Interact/Action (while standing next to objects or vehicles)
Pick up item/weapon (when standing over item/weapon)
Safety Grab/Balance — Prevent Lara from falling off ledges or toppling off objects
Fast Traverse — Speed up Lara’s movement on ledges
A – Jump; Hold to jump farther
y – Reset camera angle and view HUD
z – Walk — Lara moves more carefully
Grab (with Manual Grab enabled) — Lara grabs and holds onto objects
L – Swim left/right/forward
C – Rotate camera
B – Dive; Hold to dive deeper
Y – Interact/Action – Pick up rewards
Y(repeatedly) – Swim quickly
A – Surface; Hold to swim toward the surface
- Left Stick – Anaolog motion. Aiming in fine aim mode.
- Right Stick – Camera movement or aiming in fine aim mode.
- Gear & Inventory – Accesses Lara’s backpack. Use the D-pad, keypad or joystick to go through each tier of equipment.
- Quick Heal – There should be one or two quick heal keys; one for large medikits, one for small kits.
- Walk / Manual Grab – This function should not be used. Otherwise, hold the key to maintain a grip on ledges, ropes, etc.
- Jump – This function is variable, depending on the amount of time the key is held (or registered to be pressed).
- Target Capture – This draws weapons and target captures an enemy or switch, depending on the targeting settings.
- Fire Weapon – Shoots current weapon. All weapons except the micro-Uzis are semiautomatic.
- Crouch & Dodge – Used for shoot-dodge, crouching and mantling off ledges.
- Grappler – Toggles the grappler device. Interact will reign in the line.
- Context interaction – Variable actions, which pop-up when an action is required.
- Fast Traverse/Movement – For ledges, ladders and swimming, Lara can fast-move by pressing the interaction button quickly.
- Spire-jump – This lets Lara perch atop a small platform. She cannot move, but she can jump from a spire-jump to another element.
- Ledge jump – Lara can transfer to another element from a ledge by jumping perpendicularly from the wall the ledge is built into, or from the end of a ledge.
- Column Jump/Pole Climbing – Lara can use columns as ladders, but rotate around the entire body to jump in any direction.
- Fine Aim Mode – Console controllers click for this action. Used mostly for first-person look around.
- Somersault – Similar to Tomb Raider Legends; tap the crouch/dodge key repeatedly.
- Handstand Mantle – Lara’s sexy move, done during a ledge mantle. Hold the forward and the jump key during a mantle to do it.
- Non-screaming Lara Dive – The swan dive is done from high places; press jump then dodge/duck.
- Wall-run – Requires an anchor near a smooth wall; jump then grapple. The stick will do motion and direction of the jump.
- Wall-run Jump – During a wall-run, hold the movement stick away from the wall (determined by your camera) and press jump.
- Leg Splits – During a bar swing, Lara can do a leg-split by swining the other direction. However, she needs to have the opposite direction inputted as soon as she starts her forward swing.