Publisher: Eidos Interactive
Developer: Core Design Ltd.
Game Platform: PC, PlayStation 1
Release Date: November 23, 1998 (PC) / November 24, 1998 (PS1)
Millions of years ago, a meteor survived the plunge through the Earth’s atmosphere, impacting in the then warm climes of Antarctica… The first people to discover this land were a tribe of Polynesians. Despite the now freezing conditions, there was an abnormal abundance of life and the tribe settled, worshipping the meteorite crater for the powers it appeared to hold. Generations later though, catastrophic events forced them to flee in terror… Today, the same area is being excavated by the research company; RX Tech, who are picking up unusual readings from the meteorite’s impact zone. It is in this zone that they uncover the body of a sailor from Charles Darwin’s voyage on The Beagle. A few of the sailors had it seems, briefly explored the crater’s interior…
Following a story from one of the sailor’s journal, the research company have started to take a particular interest in, not only the crater area, but other parts of the globe where the sailors subsequently travelled to…and died in… One of these places is India – where Lara is currently searching for the legendary Infada artefact. Unaware of its true history, she only knows that in local beliefs it was supposed to hold great powers and has been revered by tribes there throughout the years…
Soon she will discover much more
Join Lara in her biggest adventure to date in the phenomenal Tomb Raider series. Play through five huge worlds, in any order, on the quest for an ancient meteor rumored to have life-giving powers. New puzzles, environments, and even a few old enemies, like the infamous T-Rex await you. From the jungles of India to the icy wastes of Antarctica, across the rooftops of London and into the depths of Nevada’s mysterious Area 51, Lara is ready for anything. Prepare to be amazed!
- Incredible new graphic enhancements include multi-colored lighting, rippling water, reflections, fog and changing weather effects!
- Play in any order as you follow Lara through the South Pacific, Antarctica, Area 51, London and India.
- New moves and vehicles include speed dash, monkey swing, kayak and quad bike help Lara out of tricky situations.
- Defend against hyenas, monkeys, piranhas, and the infamous T-Rex with new weapons such as Grenade Launcher, Desert Eagle and Rocket Launcher!
- Greater number of enemies that Tomb Raider 1 & 2!
- New save-game system allows ‘easy’ and ‘difficult’ option.