Introduction To Angel Of Darkness
Publisher: Eidos Interactive
Developer: Core Design Ltd.
Game Platform: PC, PS2
Release Date: June 20, 2003 (PS2) / July 1, 2003 (PC)
Summary: A series of grisly murders brings Lara into conflict with a sinister Alchemist from the past, and a secret alliance of powerful individuals shrouded in mystery. At the center of these mysteries are the Obscura Paintings – five 14th century pieces of art that the Alchemist is desperate to repossess. Accused of the murder of her one time mentor, Werner Von Croy, Lara becomes a fugitive on the run. Pursued by the police, she follows the Alchemist into a dark world of blood, betrayal and vengeance where it is up to her to defeat this unholy alliance, and stop them from unleashing their incredible powers on the world.
Central National Bureau. Paris Commissioner Mirepoix, Special Crimes Investigation Force To the Préfecture de Police REPORT ON RECENT SERIAL ATROCITIES WITHIN THE CAPITAL:
As yet no significant arrests have been made for this latest spate of “Monstrum” killings in the capital. Seventeen have been reported so far. A woman was seen leaving the apartment of the latest victim, Professor Werner Von Croy. Described as Caucasian, brunette, about 1.8m and of slim build, she was wearing jeans, denim jacket and a pony tail. She is dangerous and probably armed. Officers are being advised to use extreme caution when apprehending the suspect. The press have sensationalized this latest outbreak of killings as “The Monstrum’s Dark Renaissance,” referring to similar atrocities in the capital over the last decade, and possibly as far back as the 1950s. There are definite links to atrocities in other European cities going back at least fifty years. Forensics have made no headway regarding the bizarre metallic eruptions found on the bodies of all victims. At present nothing appears to link any of the individuals involved. There have been significant numbers of casualties within Parisian gangland factions. It would all appear to be the work of a single, highly psychotic perpetrator. The bodies were desecrated and all crime scenes daubed with unintelligible graffiti, indicating some ritualistic fixation. There are no known survivors of these attacks so far. The suspect’s apprehension should be made top priority.
- Character evolution – improve Lara’s abilities and witness her adapt to how you play the game. You are rewarded for puzzle solving and exploration in the form of improvements to Lara?s jumping ability, brainpower, upper body strength etc.
- Character interaction – for the very first time in a Tomb Raider game, Lara has the ability to talk to characters. The choices you make in conversation will affect Lara?s route through the game.
- Cutting edge graphics – brand new game engine designed to fully utilize the power of PlayStation?2. Lara is now made up of over 5,000 polygons as opposed to just 500 in previous games.
- Take more direct and fluid control over Lara with an entirely new control system and experience new levels of gameplay with hand-to-hand combat, stealth attacks, last chance grabs and more.
- Windows 98/2000/ME/XP (Windows 95 and NT Not Supported)
- Pentium III 500 Mhz or Higher
- 128 MB RAM
- 16 MB 3D Video Card
- Quad-speed (4x) CD-ROM drive
- 200 MB free disk space