Introduction To Tomb Raider 2
Publisher: Eidos Interactive
Developer: Core Design Ltd.
Game Platform: PC, PlayStation 1
Release Date: November 11, 1997 (PC) / November 18, 1997 (PS1)
The unstoppable Lara Croft is back in TRII, complete with the classic gameplay that made Tomb Raider the game of the year! Join Lara in her quest for the Dagger of Xian, reputed to possess the power of the dragon. But beware, Lara is not the only one in search of danger! Warrior Monks and crazed cult members plot against you as you travel from the remote mountain peaks of Tibet, the canals of Venice and even to the bottom of the sea.
Legend has it that when you drive the dagger of Xian into your heart, you acquire the power of the dragon. Literally. In Ancient China, the Emperor was the holder of this power and with his army alongside him, he was a force to be reckoned with. Thus he staked claim to the vast lands that are China. His final battle however ended in defeat. While people fell into submission all around him, the Warrior monks of Tibet would not relent and courageously fought against his evil. Knowing the power of the dagger, they succeeded in removing it from the Dragon Emperor’s heart — reducing him and his army to carnage. The dagger was returned to its resting place within The Great Wall and locked up for all time… Now three parties hold the dagger close to their heart. And all for entirely different reasons. Lara, forever the adventurer, is one of these. On her travels, she will encounter the other two…
- Dynamic lighting allows for new environments and tools such as flares.
- New worlds include Tibet, China, Venice, and a sunken ocean liner.
- New moves allow Lara to swim, backflip, somersault, climb, wade, and even swing from chandaliers.
- New clothing, including a wet suit and bomber jacket.
- New weaponry including automatic pistols, harpoon gun, rocket launcher, M16 rifle, uzis, shotguns, flares and more!
- All-new enemies, including more human foes, Warrior Monks, Yetis, great white sharks, killer eels, rabid dobermans and more!
- Refined game engine.
- Smoother control system.