Publisher: Eidos Interactive
Developer: Crystal Dynamics
Game Platform: PC, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, GameCube
Release Date: PC, PS2, XBox, XBox 360 – April 7 (Europe), April 11 (North America) 2006 / GameCube – Q4 2006
Gaming’s most famous heroine makes her triumphant return in Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend! Lara Croft travels the globe in search of an ancient artifact and is pitted against rival forces…
Traveling to several continents in search of a mystical ancient artifact, Lara Croft is pitted against corrupt forces led by a figura from her past… long thought dead. So much more to come…
At the age of nine, Lara survived a plane crash in the Himalayan mountains that led to the death of her mother. After miraculously surviving a ten-day solo trek from the crash site to Kathmandu, she spent the rest of her childhood under the close tutelage of her archeologist father — the late Earl of Abbingdon, Richard Croft. At the age of 18, after the death of her father, Lara inherited the Croft estates and became Countess of Abbingdon. Since then she has been credited with the discovery of some 16 archeological sites of international significance.
Lara Croft has been hailed both as an Archeological Wunderkind and a glorified Treasure Hunter, depending on who’s speaking. There are thousands of rumors surrounding Lara’s exploits, invariably involving the unexplained or outright unbelievable. Lady Croft herself is rarely available for comment, which further adds to the fog of mystery that surrounds her life and work.
Consequently, Lara Croft continues to be the focus of wild speculation and intense debate. Idealized and vilified in equal measure, she is perhaps one of the most fascinating and enigmatic figures of our times.
Lara Croft’s search for a South American relic changes course dramatically when she meets a dangerous figure from her past, and she finds herself in a race to recover one of history’s most famous artifacts.
- Lara comes to life – the dual-pistol-wielding adventurer’s polygon count and animation set has been increased significantly, presenting Lara in the finest fidelity to date
- Return to the Tombs: Lara’s new quest brings her to lost ancient realms that guard Secrets of the Past
- Fluid movement: the revamped control system provides intuitive and fluid character movement
- Dynamic animation system puts focus on continuous motion, giving Lara the ability to seamlessly handle any obstacle and interact dynamically with any surface
- Move and shoot. Lara uses her physical prowess to combine gunplay with unique signature moves
- Variety of player choice – intelligently use the environment, technical gear and weapons to overcome challenging situations.
- Physics, Water and Fire systems bring the perilous environments of Lara’s world alive, and challenge the player to improvise solutions to obstacles
- Visit a vast array of cinematic & exotic locations including ancient tombs, dangerous jungles, snowy mountain ruins and numerous unexpected surprises in between!